A Treehouse in Brooklyn

Monday, December 12, 2011

I don't know about you but anytime I hear the word treehouse my eyes lid up like I'm five years old again. There is something special about those tiny fairytale-like, backyard houses that we, adults simply can't resist. Over the weekend I was catching up on The New York Times reading and I spotted this awesome story.

Listen to that, Alexandra built this gem in her backyard in Brooklyn. It was her way of putting her design skills to the test. And the coolest part: she spent only $400 for the whole thing. She used pages of fashion magazines as wallpaper and an electrical cord that is stretched from her bedroom powers a string of lights and a record player.

Last night, Balazs and I were thinking that it would be totally magical to grab a cozy blanket, a bottle of wine, put Miles Davis' "Kind of Blue" record on and spend the evening watching the stars. Love! Sweets, did you have a treehouse growing up? Isn't this one beautiful? xo

P.S: A lovely treehouse restaurant!
P.P.S: Also, I'm smitten with tiny houses on tiny islands for a while now:)

22 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm jealous! This is so amazing! I'm dying to have my own treehouse getaway in our backyard!

Anonymous said...

I have always wnated a tree house growing up but we moved all the time so I never could get one. This is genius. Sending it over to my husnabd right now. xo Grace

Mal said...

This is so adorable, I love it! It would be such a lovely place to read in the afternoon

http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

Dancing Branflake said...

Wow! I have always wanted a treehouse but this is insane! So completely romantic. Sigh.

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

wow - that is just impossibly awesome.

Sara Szatmary said...

I'd gladly live there in the summer. It looks amazing.

Christianna said...

This is like a fairy tale!

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally get what you mean, Amanda. I would love one as well! The trouble is that our flat is downtown and we would never get a permit for something like that.

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh yes, Mal and sara, me too:) It would make a fantastic summer home!

Alexa said...

This is probably the cutest treehouse I've ever seen. So nicely designed!

Jess said...

SO romantic! Is it for sale? ;) hehe!

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, I wish it would be, Jess:)

internodiciotto said...

nwow!!! this isn´t for kids, that's where i would love to stay the whole day long! :D amazing

tease said...

SO COOL i wish i had one its so romantic and cozy what a fun place to hang out

Amber said...

now thats really cool. i would love to hang out in there.

Copper&Whim said...

I have always wanted a tree house. This one is beautiful♥

Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox said...

omigosh! wouldn't it be so fabulous to have one of those!!

Liesl said...

The idea of a treehouse in brooklyn is darling, especially since it truly does have a neighborhood feel!

Liesl :)

Nat @ dear little house said...

That's cooler than my actual house!

Patricia Villamil said...

Cute as button!

Alena: Oh, It's Just Perfect! said...

That is so amazing!!! I can't believe it only cost $400 to build!!! I NEED one :)

Annie said...

I ALWAYS wanted a treehouse.. this one is just awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk