Pu’er Tea Straight From Yunnan

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Darlings, have you tasted a Pu'er tea before? I'm really intrigued by this after reading about Emma's trip to Yunnan. She was lucky enough to experience the traditional tea-cake making process including the magical (and lengthy) tea ceremony. There is something really relaxing, almost meditative about those photos and a hot cup of tea, don't you think? What's your favourite type? xo

P.S: Also, how to make a spiced chai concentrate. It's delicious.
P.P.S: Remember those artful teabags?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've tasted it last year when Mark and I went to China and we both loved it. Such a beautiful photos. Love, Amy

jeanette from everton terrace said...

You know, my mother being British, I have been around tea all my life but never took to it. I like a sweet flowery tea once in a while but that is about it. We went to a tea demonstration in China but they didn't have these little cakes though, adorable.

Yellow Elm said...

Ben and I had some at a great tea shop in Raleigh, NC. it was strong! But I loved learning about the process.

I do love tea...my latest favorite bag is celestial seasonings bengal spice. wonderful with some local honey added! but I love having loose leaf tea best.

Diana Mieczan said...

Sweet flowery teas with a bit of honey are perfect for cold days, aren't they, Jeanette? And how great that you had a chance to see a tea ceremony.

Diana Mieczan said...

Elizabeth, that is so cool and loose leaf teas are totally wonderful:)

Amber said...

nothing relaxes me like a hot cup of tea thats for sure

Alena: Oh, It's Just Perfect! said...

This is amazing! I've never heard of this tea before. Now I really want to try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk