Progressive Dinner Parisian Style

Friday, December 2, 2011

The other day Jordan posted about her recent dinner party and I can't stop thinking about it. It's a totally genius take on the old-school type of entertaining, but with a fun twist of flat-hopping between the meals. Each host makes one course and as Jordan says the whole scenario change feels like an adventure of sorts that you embark onto with a group of friends.

Of course it doesn't hurt that their location was Paris. Also, in the end of the night they all walked across the street to watch the sparkling Eiffel Tower for a bit. Aww…so romantic, don’t you think? (Here are some of her great tips on how to throw a progressive dinner yourself). Lovelies, have you participated in something like that before? Would you? xo

P.S: Also,  "Outstanding in the Field" dinner party and Dîner en Blanc in Paris.
P.P.S: Tips and tricks to a perfect dinner party.

15 comments:

Paul & Paula ★ said...

i would love to be there or just host my own :)

Anonymous said...

What a romantic idea for a party. I really want to organize one now too. Let's do it. Love, Amy

Diana Mieczan said...

Peggy me too and Amy, I'm in:)

Vintage Market Place said...

Wow!
It sounds like an awesome evening of fun and friends.
And yeah...I think the city helps a bit, :)
Amy

Cara said...

sounds lovely! maybe i will do that for our next party :)

jeanette from everton terrace said...

I have! In our old neighborhood we did this every Christmas. The entire block participated, we started at one person's house for an appetizer and slowly made our way down the street. It was fun to get to meet new neighbors and the houses changed each year so we got to peak inside. I think the whole Paris thing would be just a perfect :)

Diana Mieczan said...

That is such a brilliant idea, Jeanette. I love that you made it into a Christmas tradition and I bet it was so fun to meet all the neighbors. Now I totally want to do something like that too:)

Nuha said...

this sounds absolutely perfect! and even better that it's in the city of lights :)

Morgan said...

I wish that was my life!

Anonymous said...

I love your posts! This is absolutely romantic. Grace xo

Amber Blue Bird said...

Did someone say Paris! I'm in. But seriously this is a great idea.

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

I live in Paris and do something similar with my friends every forthnight.

Apricots+Silk said...

Oh my goodness. This sounds utterly perfect. Paris is my dream, and going around with friends eating delicious food? Perfection.
xxxxx

TheChambrayCountess said...

That is a cool idea! I want to do this!

Diana Mieczan said...

How fantastic, Fashion, Art and other fancies!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk