NYC Farm on Wheels

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Oh boy! Have you ever wondered how to grow your own veggies even if you don't own a yard? A few years ago, Ian Cheney moved to New York, shortly after he realized how difficult it was to have a place to grow fresh food, so he came up with a genius idea of planting a mini garden in his own old Dodge. Since then Ian created a Truck Farm movement where he teaches people that growing their own food can be pain-free, fun and super rewarding as long as they're open to it. The awesome thing about the truck farm is that it doesn’t require a rooftop or a land. It just needs sunshine and water. Isn’t that brilliant? Wouldn’t you love to have a little veggie patch? xo

P.S: Since spring 2011 the project grew to 25 trucks across the United States. Also Ian and his team made a short film about urban agriculture. You can check it out here.

(via A well traveled woman)

11 comments:

e.rose said...

He's amazing.... :)

Anonymous said...

wow! this is incredible. I wish I could do something like that.
Grace

Diana Mieczan said...

Ohh me too, Grace!

Stephanie said...

Ok, at first I thought this was awesome... but I feel like finding a place to PARK the truck in NYC would be harder than just starting a container garden on the fire escape or something. :-P

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle...good point, Stephanie but I think he has his own little parking spot next to his apartment building or something.

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

This is funny. A farm on wheels in the city;-)

Amber said...

thats a great idea although finding parking in NY can be pretty darn tough

Anonymous said...

I want a truck like that too!
Love, Amy

Alena: Oh, It's Just Perfect! said...

Brilliant!

shopgirl said...

This is so just cool! Thanks Diana!

xo

laurenjeanallece said...

This is amazing! I wonder if I can convince my friend to let me plant a garden in his truck next spring...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk