What Do French Women Have That We Don't?

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Whenever I post about my French girl crushes many of you (including myself) swoon over the je ne sais quoi quality that seems to be oozing from French ladies. So today, I have a treat for you! The other day Amy wrote an article explaining how French women make beauty look so easy. So, here are a few of my favourite tips.

The main thing is that mademoiselles ooze sex appeal. It’s in the way they walk, the way they talk, the way they hold their wine glass. They celebrate their femininity and as Amy says, they can flirt like no one's business. She also went on saying that French girls know their way around props, like rolled up sleeves, messy buns and lipsticks. Bingo!

But here is my favourite part: French ladies don't strive for perfection. They let their hair down because that is what makes them unique. Doesn’t that sound wonderful?

P.S: You can check out the rest of this article here. It’s awesome.
P.P.S: Bicycling - Parisian-style.

(via Hip Paris. Photos of the adorable Nine D'Urso from her mom's Parisian Chic Guide)

21 comments:

Behold the Metatron said...

Love it! Compared to them I am a totally hard core tomboy! LOL

Lady Grey said...

I love it too... although I'm still not sure the French je-ne-sais-quoi is something you can learn.... you might just need to be born with it! But we can all keep trying!

Josie said...

What do French women have that we don't have... in this case mothers like Inès de la Fressange!

Jess said...

I love Nine D'Urso! You must read Parisian Chic! It is right up your alley!

Josie said...

Again, just in this case...lest not forget the Italian blood!

Diana Mieczan said...

Vanessa, that is very possible but we can all keep trying, indeed:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Josie, so true, Inès is incredible! Have you seen her Parisian Chic Guide? It's pretty amazing. Also, we shouldn't forget about the Italian blood, indeed:)

Apricots+Silk said...

Oh, the French! I just love their elegance. I also love their celebration of femininity. The hair they always have is perfect.
I just love their style and how we all strive to look like them.
xxxx

Patricia Villamil said...

My humble opinion is, and you hit the nail, Diana, they don't strive for perfection or for adulation, they are just themselves.. I was watching the film {Diving Bell and the Butterflies} the other day and you see the women in the film with minimal makeup and yet they are so damn attractive... And I also have an observation, have you notice that in most French films, the wives are blondes and the mistresses are brunettes. Why is that?

The Blonde Duck said...

How do they stay so skinny!!!!!

bron @ baby space said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.

I think it's the whole 'being french' thing is what they have, that we don't ;)

Krystal said...

that is a great article!

The Franglaise said...

It is funny for me to see all this admiration towards French style. I do love how Parisian* women dress, but we all look the same. I find London way more interesting in terms of street fashion: more various style, more colours, more uniqueness. But that's just my personal opinion ;)
* to be fair on us French women, it is more the "Parisian style" that is sought after rather than a "French style". Unfortunately for us, not all French women are fashion icons and have that "je ne sais quoi"!

Diana Mieczan said...

I have never thought of that, Patricia but now that I'm thinking about it, you are totally right. No clue why is that. I'm going to try and find out:) xo

Diana Mieczan said...

The Franglaise, I totally think that you have the "je ne sais quoi" :)

Taylor said...

they are classic beauty... w allure...cute outfits..



Have a great day!
Taylor

Suite Henry said...

I think I read an article years ago that talked about French insistence on quality. Don't have thirty shorts that are cheap. Have ten that are well-made, and will last. It's a tip I keep trying to tell myself.

Dancing Branflake said...

Love! I am so going to check out that post. This French gal is gorgeous!

Diana Mieczan said...

That is a really good tip, Suite Henry. It totally makes sense, doesn't it?

Diana Mieczan said...

She really is, indeed, Tiffany:) I just adore her hair.

Hogger and Co. said...

Long legs, apparently!!! HA! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk