Let The Eyes Do The Talking

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My makeup applying skills are utterly hopeless! That's why I only use red lipstick, it makes me feel stylish and "made-up" without actually doing anything - if that makes sense at all. But in the upcoming few weeks Balazs and I have two stylish dinner parties to attend. So I got super inspired by this model, whose eye makeup looks a lot like smokey eyes, but using yellow-gold eye shadow on top of the beautifully applied eyeliner instead of the dark shadow. I love that the rest of the face is left natural. Just imagine wearing a simple black dress with pulled back hair in a gibson tuck and no jewelry. Such a sultry and stunning look, don’t you think? Sweets, would you try this look? xo

P.S: Fantastic tips on how to apply and style eyeliner.
P.P.S: Three ways to va va voom.

(Photo by Rober Fairer via Refinery29)

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, this looks beautiful. I'd love to try this look and as you said it's importan to keep the rest of the face and the outfit simple.
Love, Amy

KristiMcMurry said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! I don't know if I have the guts to try it, but wow...

http://moderngirl.jurna.ro/ said...

So BOLD! And fabulous! I would try it for a party maybe... Thanks for the tip!

Zondra Art said...

Woow... beautiful eyes!

Kisses:)

Designwali said...

gorgeous...it helps that she has piercing blue eyes too...not sure if i could live without my lipstick though.

Christianna said...

That is the coolest cat eye I have ever seen! Totally inspired to try something like this now! You should totally rock that to a holiday party, I bet you'd look stunning!

FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION said...

I love this!! Makes her eyes stand out and look incredible! xo

dana @ wonder forest said...

it's kinda crazy but i like it. gotta be careful with that shade though.. doesn't work on all skin tones ;)
xox dana
thewonderforest.com

jeanette from everton terrace said...

I would look like a clown but this young gorgeous model looks amazing. I hope you'll photograph whatever bold statement you decide to go with and share it with us :)

Lindsay R said...

yes, i would totally try this. i'm always up for daring.

Lindsay

ching said...

oh piercingly beautiful!

Karena said...

Diana I always love tips for makeup that looks current and fresh. I seem to have trouble making the smoky eye!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Dionne said...

Oh wow. I wish I could pull this look off!

lisa said...

wow stunning...........xx

Hogger and Co. said...

She looks like a cat.
I don't think I could pull that off.

Nicole Jeannette said...

So interesting looking!

E. Charlotte said...

That's intense!! I like the look, but I doubt I could pull it off! :)

Heidi Adnum said...

Rad!

Diana Mieczan said...

Designwali, her eyes are stunning, indeed!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..thanks, Christianna and Dana, that is a great point. I think, I'll go with a mustard yellow shade instead of the yellow-gold one.

Samantha said...

Wow really powerful. It looks amazing but I'm not sure if that would work if it ever left the runway.

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

I would probably not wear it with yellow, but a nice purple or golden brown would look stunning! Love that they applied kajal so the eyes really pop out.

Annie said...

very interestingly pretty!

Diana Mieczan said...

Elisa, I love the idea of using golden brown:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk