Travel Fantasy: Rainbow Village, Taiwan

Monday, October 3, 2011


Bravo! This once sad-looking military dependents' tiny village in Taichung, Taiwan was transformed into a magical little community by a 90 year old man named Mr. Huang Yongfu. In hopes to keep his beloved village from being torn down, he embarked on a project to cover every square inch of each building and street with joyful paintings. Steven who shot those awesome photos said that "the sense of wonder and peacefulness is felt as you wander the tiny streets and the bright lively colours call out to your inner child as you find what appears to be an endless seam of creative whimsical imagery".

Amazing, isn't it? Lovelies, wouldn't it be fun to see this place in person? xo

P.S: Happy first week of October!

(Photos by Steven Barringer via Honestly...wtf)

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG what a fun project. And he painted it all by himself? I wish I could be there right now, Di.

Love, Amy

The Franglaise said...

A 90-year-old did this? That's crazy. And the place is now crazy beautiful. Amazing! Happy first week of October to you too my dear. I cannot believe I won you're giveaway. More craziness right there! ;) Bisous xx

Erica said...

just beautiful- i love the since of wanderlust humanity has, even at the grand old age of 90! its inspiring.

photohogger said...

Wtf, indeed. That is so beautiful!!!

Mal said...

Wow, that looks so fantastic!

http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

Sage Crown Parker said...

oh my goodness that is one of the prettiest things i've ever seen! just amazing!
xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

The Franglaise, yup! He is 90 years old:) Isn't that incredible?

Diana Mieczan said...

It really is inspiring, Erica!

Elle Sees said...

That is a lot to take in. You could stand in one spot for hours I bet. Have a great day!

jeanette from everton terrace said...

Inspiring on so many levels.
You are never to old, never.

rose said...

I want to go there and capture those pictures in my mind forever

katie said...

that is so cool!

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

What a beautiful and wonderful project!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Diana Mieczan said...

That is so beautiful, rose. Can I join you? :)

Alexa said...

OH my goodness that is amazing. Love all of the colors, I would love to go. (Especially on a Monday, when I need some colors to brighten my day).

Amber Blue Bird said...

wow those pics are amazing I didnt know where to look first.

Krystal said...

that would be so awesome to photograph..

Samantha said...

I want to live there!

Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox said...

that would be incredible to see in person!

Diana Mieczan said...

So true, Alexa! Happy colours are perfect for Mondays:)

Nat @ dear little house said...

Amazing!

SJ said...

wow, so cool!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk