Three Ways To Va Va Voom

Monday, October 10, 2011

I'm terrible when it comes to makeup. Mostly, I keep it very simple with just a touch of lipstick or mascara. So today I'd like to share three ways to look super sexy, fresh and naturally beautiful at the same time.

The red lips (above) - I know that many girls are totally intimidated by pure hot red lipsticks but according to Mary Greenwell as long as you go matte and find the shade that you feel most comfortable with, you will ooze the 40s goddess vibe from within. Tip: make sure to keep the rest of the face very natural and fresh and if your lips are super dry, apply a bit of honey on them half an hour before the lipstick for instant dryness fix.

Rosy cheeks - Do you remember that rule that your cheeks and lips colour should match? I never follow it! I only use warm colour blush (one shade darker than my skin) and finish off the look with a simple serving of chapstick for smooth kissable lips. Let your cheeks do the talking:)

Smoky eyes - This is the quintessential Parisian trick to make your eyes mysterious for those romantic dates. It's a good trick to put a bit of chapstick on your eyelids before applying eye shadow as it makes the eye shadow look fresher for longer. Also, once someone told me to keep it messy and to curl your eyelashes for that extra dose of va va voom! I usually use a mix of black and grey eye shadow for my smoky eye look.

Lovelies, how do you feel about makeup? Do you use it on a daily basis or not so much? Any great tips you would like to share with us? xo

P.S: Cat eyes!

(Photos by Garance Doré)

30 comments:

Christianna said...

These are great tips!

Anonymous said...

I love the honey tip. It will come very handy during the cold seasons as my lips are always super dry. Happy Monday, Di

Love, Amy

Caroline said...

Awesome tips, Diana! I'm a fan of bright colored lipsticks and I totally agree that the rest of the face needs to be toned-down.

I am definitely trying the honey-moisterizing technique now that it's chilly here! xo

Lisa Lisa Lisa said...

The chapstick tip is really good! I'll have to try it out. I also never curl my eyelashes.. Maybe I'll have to try it.

I am currently trying to cut down on how long it takes to "do my face". Any tips?

Diana Mieczan said...

Lisa, I just recently started to curl my eyelashes and I can totally see the difference.

Karena said...

Diana I love your tips. I wear makeup every day and love doing a dewy youthful look! I think I will start curling my eyelashes!



xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

amy b.s. said...

definitely va va voom!

Vintage Market Place said...

Oh I wish i had more of the makeup talent but every time I try it I just look so unnatural and feel awkward.
I am with you a great lip and some mascara on curled lashes really make a difference.
Amy

Amber Blue Bird said...

I need as much help as I can get when it comes to finding the right shade of red lipstick. I still havent found "the one"

Stop by & enter my Itunes Gift Card Giveaway

Krissy :: Miss B and Hustle said...

I love makeup, I wear it every day - I just think it's so fun! I never curl my lashes, though and I'm totally going to start! Thanks for the tip!

Krissy :: Miss B and Hustle said...

Oh! And my tip is to use Benefit's creaseless cream eyeshadow in Birthday Suit. You can wear it alone for day and then layer it under shadow for night! It's the BEST.

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy, I totally know the feeling and Amber, I love Bobby Brown vixen red lipstick colour but one of my friends loves it in vintage red. You should try it to see if you like it.

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

lovely! i esp. love the smokey eyes!

La Feem said...

Red lips and smokey eyes are always in my arsenal, glad to see you're branching out! xo

Erica said...

I'm all about red lipstick lately!
www.poolovesboo.blogspot.com

Diana Mieczan said...

Thanks, Heather!

Diana Mieczan said...

The cream eyeshadow sounds super cool, Krissy. Thanks for the tip. Totally going to try it:)

Yasmeen said...

Great tips! I feel hopeless with my makeup lately. Same old same old. I'm headed on vacation in a few weeks, so I'll be poring through all your beauty-related posts for some inspiration!

Mo Pie, Please said...

I love the tip about using chapstick on your lids. I have never heard that one but am curious to try it!

{molly beth} said...

I love rosy cheeks paired with nude lips for fall.

xo.
alwaysamrsforeverakidd.blogspot.com

Nicole Marie said...

i need to get more comfortable wearing red lips

Jessi Haish said...

great tips - wish there was a way to make smoky eyes look good with my glasses!

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

I either wear Red lip-colour or vaseline. Eye-make-up I usually keep to a minimum. But I adore eyeshadow for "Date nights". I use honey on my lips twice a week during th colder months of the year. I also exfoliate gently exfoliate lips once a week, too.

Silver Strands said...

You've just inspired me ... I'm going to start wearing red lipstick again! Thanks :)

pixelhazard said...

I totally agree and about a year ago I gave MAC's Ruby Woo ago and haven't looked back since!

Bright Green Laces

Nikki said...

I recently got two red lipsticks for Paris and I love them. I was a little nervous everyone was staring at my lips, but then I didn't care. I looked hot! ;)

Diana Mieczan said...

Fashion, Art and other fancies, great tip on exfoliating lips. And Silver Strands, Yay! That is fantastic:)

Diana Mieczan said...

I bet you look super beautiful with your red lips, Nikki:) Awesome!

Eliza Jane said...

I love wearing make up for fun, when I'm going out. But day to day life I don't wear much. Except under-eye cover up and mascara. Those are my musts!

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

I use eye liner/eye pencil, mascara, blush and lip gloss/lip stain daily, then usually opt for a smoky eye and a nude lipstick when going out.

I like red lips but I am not self-confident enough to wear red lipstick - on the other hand I think a smoky eye is pretty much infallible!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk