Solar Storm

Monday, October 3, 2011

A few months ago Vanessa and her husband moved from Montreal to the Great North to work in a remote native village called Chisasibi. She says that each day living there is an adventure and to be fair, those photographs certainly prove her point! This past Tuesday Vanessa managed to capture the incredible solar storm that passed through their little village. How amazing is that? She described it as "one of the craziest light shows you could ever imagine".  It was triggered by a combination of a huge blast of solar wind that hit the earth, causing the incredible swirling auroras that are captured on those photos. Nature never seizes to amaze me! xo

P.S: Have you seen those breathtaking videos? Aurora & The Milky Way and El Teide mountains.

24 comments:

Mal said...

Wow, those photos are absolutely incredible!

http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

Kristina said...

so amazing!!! would love to see this myself one day!!!

Liesl said...

WOW! So magical!!!

Liesl :)

Krystal said...

i saw those, they were beautiful!!!

Noemi said...

Amazing pictures!!

Eliza Jane said...

I love watching the Northern Lights! Stunning photos! x

Diana Mieczan said...

Me too, Kristina! It must look totally breathtaking in person.

Lady Grey said...

You're such a sweetheart, Diana : )
xo

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

extremely surreal in a good way!
Gorgeous new week, Diana!
xo*

Taryn said...

These are some of the most amazing photos I have ever seen--looks like another world =)

Ashley said...

Soooo cool! It's been awhile since I commented but I still really enjoy reading your blog=)

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Oh sweetie these are so so gorgeous!!! I've always wanted to see the northern lights :)

Hope you're having a wonderful start to the week! xoxo

christine donee said...

I would KILL to witness something like this.

yes, Kill.

A bit dramatic. But oh well.

Nat @ dear little house said...

Nature is amazing!

Melissa Blake said...

Wow! I'd love to see that!

Apricots+Silk said...

Absolutely stunning! The night sky never ceases to take my breath away.

I adore those beautiful videos too. The Northern Lights is one of my dreams to go and visit!

xxxx

Marissa said...

It's my dream to one day see Aurora Borealis. This is incredible!

Punctuation Mark said...

i've always wanted to see them... they look soooo cool!

shopgirl said...

WOW! How lucky were they to have witnessed something so incredible as this!

Thanks for sharing this Diana! xoxo
Reese
http://rambleswithreese.etsy.com
http://rambleswithreese.blogspot.com

online parenting class said...

that is so awesome!! i have never seen an aurora in my life!! this is just so awesome!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Muah, Vanessa and Ashley, aww..thanks!

Diana Mieczan said...

Hahha..you are so funny, Christine

Diana Mieczan said...

Apricots+Silk, aren't those videos fantastic? I watched them a few times as well:)

Stephanie said...

Every time I see photos like this, it's hard for me to believe they're real!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk