Mushroom Picking

Wednesday, October 19, 2011


Once my dad took me mushroom picking when I was little, but the whole experience was wasted on me - back then I just couldn't appreciate it. But last night, after reading Emma's awesome experience in the Swedish countryside, I fell in love with the idea of a perfect forest weekend. Right now I feel like packing up and fly to this tiny island called Adelsö (just outside Stockholm). I can just picture myself wandering through the pine forests in search of some golden Chanterelle or Trompette de la mort

This is how Emma summed up her mushroom picking experience: "...full of romanticism; trees twisted and gnarled, like something from a fairytale, spongy moss underfoot, grazing Elk, wild flowers and the chorus of birdsong...."

Holy smoke, doesn't that sound magical? My darlings, have you been mushroom picking before? Did you enjoy it? xo

P.S: A stunning autumn GIVEAWAY is coming up!

(Photos by Emma - Out Kitchen)

22 comments:

Zondra Art said...

I love mushroom!
Have a nice day, kisses:)

bicocacolors said...

such a great post!

Caroline said...

Magical! It sounds amazing! If you decide to go--call me and I am with you! ;)

p.s. Can't you just envision a gorgeously illustrated children's book with these gnarled trees and mushrooms and little fairies flittering about?

xo

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Caroline! It would be really cool, wouldn't it? And I can totally envision a charming little children's book full of gnarled trees and little fairies. Oh boy, such a great idea.

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Oh I've never been but it sounds lovely! And I do love mushrooms :) xoxo

Cara said...

huh? different!

I would love for you to enter to win a beautiful necklace over at Lilac and Grey!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Such visual delights, Diana!
I was just looking at old prints of mushrooms at an antique store recently~ thinking of getting them for my kitchen wall!

xo*

Diana Mieczan said...

LenoreNeverM♡re, ohh...old prints of mushrooms would look oh-so beautiful on a kitchen wall.

Diana Mieczan said...

I love them too, Dawn. I'm craving a good creamy mushroom sauce right now..hahah

Fleur De Moi said...

I would have never thought to go mushroom picking before but now it sounds so darn magical!

Krystal said...

people here are crazy about that!

Laura said...

I am from Estonia. Mushroom picking is something so many people do and I never thought of it in such a magical way. I do love it! When I was small I used to go with my grandmother, she knew everything about mushrooms. Later it was an annual autumn thing to do with a group of friends.. mmm chanterelles are my favorite!

Tish said...

All you need is a piggy :)

Anna Walker said...

I LOVE MUSHROOMS! That is so awesome you've been mushroom picking! I want to add this to my bucket list immediately! It does sounds super magical! :D

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..Laura, what a wonderful memory to have. My grandma also knows all about mushrooms. It's so fascinating, isn't it?

Apricots+Silk said...

Oh this sounds absolutely divine!
And her words are truly magical and beautiful.
I would love to go to this island and go mushroom picking...that sounds perfect!
xxx

photohogger said...

These photos are STUNNING!!

Annie said...

I have never been but it does sound magical indeed!!!

SJ said...

i love the second photo, so many different types of mushrooms!

Silver Strands said...

Wow Diana - who would have thought mushrooms could be so beautiful!?!!

Alexe said...

I have always wanted to go hunting for mushrooms! So cool!

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally agree, Silver Stands:) They truly are beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk