Travel Fantasy: Gardens of Marqueyssac, France

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How whimsical! In one of the most unspoiled parts of Europe, deep in the former province of France in Périgord, there is a magical place called Gardens of Marqueyssac. They were planted in 1861 by Julien De Cerval whose dream was to create a romantic experience for the visitors of the gardens, where they could get lost within the paths and enjoy the organic shapes of the plants. Each part was carefully thought out and planned to perfection.
No fairytale garden would be complete without a dreamy chateâu - of course. During summer, each Thursday evening the gardens are candlelit and various musicians play concerts for visitors. They also have tons of fun stuff for kids including rock climbing, picnics and swings. If that wasn't enough, there is an area that meanders 130 meters above the river giving breathtaking views. Just by looking at those photos I’m dreaming about spending an afternoon sipping wine, listening to live music and taking in the mesmerizing views.

My darlings, have you been to France before? Wouldn’t you love to visit this place? xo

P.S: Paris after dark.
P.P.S: Provence style home.

(via Black Eiffel)

25 comments:

Mal said...

Wow, that is beyond beautiful!

http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

Emily said...

oh my gosh hello straight out of alice in wonderland! Im buying a place ticket right now :) That would just be the best wedding spot ever!

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh so true, Emily. This place would make a fantastic wedding venue!

Ana Degenaar said...

This is one of my biggest dreams. Oh my!

Dancing Branflake said...

Oh my heavens! Forget Paris- I am going straight here next time. Lovely!

bicocacolors said...

que bonito y mágico lugar!!!

un abrazo,
elena

amy b.s. said...

so amazing. imagine the up keep! i so want to go to france some day.

Sara Szatmary said...

woah! looks like a fairytale!

Alexa said...

Oh my it is like a fairytale. I've been to France, but I would love to go back and see this place!

Diana Mieczan said...

Hahha..Tiffany:) Your comment made me laugh out loud.

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy, I read that they have a huge team of gardeners working daily to keep this place so beautiful.

SomeKindOfStyle said...

are those for real? ;) they look like from a fairytale! xoxo

Christianna said...

OMG! I haven't been to France yet, but this makes me wanna go now, and to this garden!

Anya said...

Those are amazingly whimiscial gardens!! its so beautiful!!


anya and baby kenzi

Kelly said...

That is gorgeous! I am going to Paris next week and I can't wait to see Paris at night!

photohogger said...

That is ENTIRELY too magical. WOW.

Diana Mieczan said...

SomeKindOfStyle, Yup! Totally real:)

Diana Mieczan said...

They really are, aren't they, Smita? I'm totally smitten as well:)

Rick Forrestal said...

Fantasy land!
Thanks for sharing these pics -- what an amazing place.

Sage Crown Parker said...

yes!
let's go, that looks amazingly fun:) paris is on my list.

Diana said...

I just love the beauty of nature and the forms and shapes it can take. This is truly wonderful and amazing!

Robots in Trouble said...

OoOoOooo... It looks nice at night!

-robots in trouble

Diana Mieczan said...

How fun, Kelly. You will have the best time in Paris:) It's so romantic at night.

Annie said...

I would LOVE to go there! I still haven't been to France.

Lieven said...

Sure, i've been there last year. Took a few photos myself. See them here: http://www.mygarden.org/garden/1/albums/83

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk