The Ageless Fashion Gene - Gentlemen Edition

Wednesday, September 28, 2011


Let's talk men this morning, shall we? But not any type of men - the older gentlemen with an incredible fashion gene. It's natural to look at older ladies and admire their style but with men it's a bit different. I'm always in awe of my 76 years old neighbour who no matter what time of the day it is, he looks spotless in his buttoned-up vintage suit with a pocket handkerchief (of course), matching bow tie, immaculately polished leather shoes and a sparkle in the eye. (I’m not even going to mention his well-groomed moustache).  I just adore the way he harmlessly flirts with all the single (older) ladies in the building and chats up the mail man with such an old-fashion yet so du jour manner.  

Darlings, aren’t those older men stylish? They totally give a hard act to follow to our younger generation, don’t you think? Do you know any gentleman who loves to put his fashion-foot forward on a daily basis?

P.S: Scott Shuman has such an eye for spotting those stylish fellas. The photos above are mostly from Florence and Milan.
P.P.S: A fantastic GIVEAWAY Wednesday is coming up!

(via Dace)

18 comments:

SomeKindOfStyle said...

what amazing elegance indeed! who sais you or men cannot look stylish with age! x

http://some-kind-of-style.blogspot.com

SomeKindOfStyle said...

what amazing elegance indeed! who sais you or men cannot look stylish with age! x

http://some-kind-of-style.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

They all look so stylish and your older neighbour sounds lovely. I wish I'd have a man like him living in my apartment complex. I'll be back for the giveaway, Di.

Love, Amy

Diana Mieczan said...

SomeKindOfStyle, very true!

Jen Daiker said...

So distinguised! I love it! It's amazing how well men age! Wonderfully put together Diana!

Cara said...

LOVE them!
Lilac and Grey

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww.thanks, Jen and men really do age well, don't they?

Stephanie said...

Awww, I love these! Also, in light of the fact that my husband typically wears a suit and tie every day (even when he doesn't have to!), I feel like I just got a glimpse into the future. ;-)

Alexa said...

That guy in the suit and his tennis shoes is perfect. Love his look.
xo
alexa

That's Not My Age said...

The Sartorialist's photos of older Italian men are my favourite.

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..Stephanie, I love that your husband wears suit and tie every day. He must look super handsome:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Alexa, his outfit gives such a cool vibe, doesn't it? My Balazs loves wearing suits with Converse.

Amber Blue Bird said...

yeah they are stylish but George Clooney is the only old guy who gets my mojo going.

Eliza Jane said...

Oooh these men are SO dashing!! They really do give our generation a run for their money, don't they?!

Diana Mieczan said...

Hahah..Amber. He is really HOT, indeed:)

Artist said...

I like it when people are wearing colors. Colors are my life too. Through synesthesia I see colors when I hear names and numbers, this is fun.

photohogger said...

Wow, they look so dignified. Oh men, they're so lucky to look better with age! :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Hahha..so true, Smita:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk