Travel Fantasy: Picnics With an Edge

Monday, August 15, 2011

Last night Balazs sent me an article about incredible picnic spots around the world. Honestly saying they all put my picnic-making attempts into total shame but oh-well...So today, I thought it would be fun to share with you a few that completely blew me away and because Mondays are for dreaming: if you could choose one of those destinations for your perfect picnic-getaway, which one would it be?

Starting off with my favourite: a Malaysian night under the stars in the Soneva Fushi Resort. You can picnic or dine directly on the beach with champagne, have dinner or breakfast while the chef caters for your every need.

Say hello to Reykjavik's Holt Hotel in Iceland! This place is offering out of this world picnic on an erupting volcano. One of the chefs discovered that due to the volcanic activities the lava stone in some parts reaches up to 338 degrees (about 170°C), so you can cook up a full meal without fire. All the guests arrive to the destination on a helicopter.

The Molori Safari Lodge in South Africa has a picnic package where you can eat among elephants, lions, hyenas (all within safe distance, of course). Something I would love to experience for sure.

The Himalayas in India have this awesome place called Oberoi Wildflower Hall where you can literally enjoy a picnic in the skies. The spot is located 2500 meters high and you can spend your time lusting over snow-covered mountain tops while sitting just next to a forest.

And last, here's a hideaway in the heart of the jungle for those wishing to escape from the outside world. The island of Bali has an Ubud Hanging Gardens resort with heated pools and intimate villas in the most hidden part on the Ayung River bank. Romantic!

So lovelies, which one are you dreaming about? Have you been to any of those places before? xo

30 comments:

Tamara Nicole said...

Ooooh Malaysia or South Africa= yes please!!! How amazing would that be!

amy b.s. said...

i love a good picnic anyway, but this is just too amazing.

sahrish shamim said...

wow so beautiful places i like last picture .....
http://fashionstyle-pk.blogspot.com/

Sophie Delphis said...

How decadent!

Dancing Branflake said...

I love how your husband sends you things you might like to blog about. So sweet!

Oh man, I love a picnic. Just eating outside heightens the senses.

Belly B said...

Oh these sound SO DIVINE. I wish i could go to the one in South Africa right now!

Belly B :)

Robots in Trouble said...

gosh... bali sounds like a great place to go to. thanks for sharing this.

-robots in trouble

Alexa said...

I just can't choose one. They all look magnificent!
xo
Alexa
www.thehsortandthesweetofit.com

Diana Mieczan said...

Tiffany, you are so sweet and I totally agree that eating outside heightens the senses.

Nikki said...

I will picnic at any of those places...minus the lions and hyenas...

Mo Pie, Please said...

Whoa, sign me up please!

Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~ said...

i've always imagine a MAJOR picini at the beach - but catered - so this way everyone can enjoy - but doing a HUGE lobster/clam bake and all the fixings! - i should totally make it a family tradition!

*kiss kiss*
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Anna said...

Wow, those all look so amazing. I can't just choose one! I know where I'm going someday :D

Bella @Bellgetsreal said...

love to picnic. Once had one on the side of the freeway cuz we were just too tired to keep driving. hope you had a wonderful weekend.

La Feem said...

I will dream of the first destination all day.....xo

Bree said...

Picnics are a lot of fun!:]
I don't know what place to pick. I want to experience all of it!

I'm definitely loving the Malaysian night under the stars and the Ubud Hanging Gardens resort at Bali!

xoxo, Bree

http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/

Melissa Blake said...

diana! those are awesome spots! i just went on a picnic last week and loved it! such a fun summer activity!

Kristina said...

i would chose the oberoi in the himalaya! such a great view!! anyway, all of those places are pretty breathtaking! :)

Lisa Lisa Lisa said...

I adore picnics. And these all look super perfect. Definitely put mine to shame!

Diana said...

Amazing places!! And great ideas for a getaway or a honeymoon!! I hope you had a great weekend. Which one would you def go to? I love the thought of the one on the beach and the one in Africa!

Something Old, Something New said...

oh wow these are awesome - i absolutely love picnics! The one in Malaysia and the one in S.Africa both look amazing!!

Oh, My Darling said...

Wow, this is cool beyond belief.

Christianna said...

I'm digging Bali and Africa! Though they are all beautiful!

Amber Blue Bird said...

whoa, I would gladly partake in any of these picnics.

mermaid gallery said...

that first picture stole my heart....

nur said...

I love the jungle picnic. By the river with the sound of nature and water streaming. Could it be any better?

Btw, I'm from Malaysia =)

Diana Mieczan said...

Erika, you totally should. That sounds fantastic! And Bella, that is pretty cool:). The fun part about picnics is that you can have them anywhere you want, right?

Diana Mieczan said...

I adore the beach one as well, Di! It looks so romantic, doesn't it?

Diana Mieczan said...

That is so cool, Nur!

Alena: Oh, It's Just Perfect! said...

These images are giving me some serious wanderlust. A picnic in a beautiful, exotic place sounds perfect right now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk