Matt Lamp...Have a Look!

Thursday, April 29, 2010
(Images via llotllov)
Lighting can make or break the mood of your home (at least that’s what I think). Our apartment is in a beautiful old fashioned residential building with grand rooms and high ceilings. For a while now I was looking for something unusual, funkier or different and guess what, I found it (...I think I did). 
Don’t you just love those long soft, knitted lamps? Those are so different; they have a sort of industrial-meets-granny aesthetic.If you want to be creative, you can mold this fixture into whatever shape or purpose you desire. I am not sure if one would do the trick but a few of those cuties hanging above a coffee table, dining room table or even a bed would surely make a statement. Don’t you think? (or am I just simply crazy?)…Ohhh…just one more thing…They are coated with fluffy Italian wool:)

Great eye candy or just craziness?
Your pick!

Hugs,
xoxoxo

17 comments:

Dallas Shaw said...

maybe in the right space??
dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

SJ said...

i think they're awesome. if you had a big dining table, 2 or three (dependning how cright they are) would look really cool hanging above in different shapes.

i say go for it!

leblogdemok said...

Wow i really like it !!! it's amazing !!!
thanks for your com' !!!
xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

Thanks SJ...I think I will:)
Thanks for your comment and keep them coming:)

Vinda Sonata said...

you have an interesting blog <3 just stumbled here and i love it. i'll now be a follower too.

anyway, interesting lamp. i'd say both eye candy and craziness. btw, the picture in the previous post is very inspiring. may i repost it in my blog one day? thanks!

The Zhush said...

So compelling...done right, probably super cool! Liking them over the bed as a little night light.

Diana Mieczan said...

Vinda...Hi!
Thanks so much for your comment...Of course you can use it!

Diana Mieczan said...

Sue...would you hang it on the sides of the bed or from the middle?
Kisses:)

The Neo-Traditionalist said...

Ohhh I think they are fantastic! I've never seen anything like them. Love the the knit texture, so cozy yet so modern!

XX katie

the20somethinggirl said...

I think they are adorable: they take away that plastic limpness of movable light fixtures :)

Justine said...

Wow this is great!! Your blog is so inspiring!!!!And thank you so much for following my blog and writing such nice comments.

Justine said...

I added your blog in my favourites ;-)

passport in my pocket said...

I love it!

Sara Szatmary said...

I like it best as a chandelier! So unexpected!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

That is so cool!

Silver Strands said...

I for one LOVE them. I saw something similar to this on feathergold.blogspot.com.

Love how you described it as "industrial meets granny", so true!

Amy @ Varnish said...

Love. Love. Love.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk